Saturday, August 13, 2011

And then it happened

 

Gardening season started in earnest with these. June was sweet and juicy -- I was smitten. 
Strawberries were followed by these:
Then it was off to the races. Lots of time in the garden, on bikes, and at parks.
Where did the summer go?
 I think a lot of the summer was spent snacking on these, and commenting on how cute they are.


I just took a little trip to the Olympic Peninsula. When I returned, this is what I found: tomato plants as big as I am. Here I am trying to train them to their stakes.

This is what I harvested today. Any suggestions on what I should do with some or all of this stuff?
Zucchini, artichokes, lacinato kale, radishes, green beans, tomatoes, and a handful of blueberries.
What are you harvesting or cooking this week?

1 comment:

  1. If you place them, they will come. Dark-colored identify. Corrosion. Downy form. Is it a reality of characteristics that flowers will always entice issues. Maybe. But that doesn't mean there's nothing you can do about it.

    ReplyDelete